Assembly Work Order
Inventory management and work order control is a challenge when you have assemblies and components. Not only do you have to keep track of the items that come in and out of your business; you have to keep track of them as they flow in and out of assemblies. SouthWare’s Assembly Work Orders module integrates with SouthWare’s Inventory to give you a complete sales and inventory management system.
With Assembly Work Orders you’ll be confident that you’re keeping good records of the flow of inventory within your business.
Key features include:
- Create, track, post, and analyze work orders that document all your assembly activity.
- Take an order from a customer via Order Entry and interactively create a work order to produce his customized shipment.
- Select optional components that increase the selling price.
- Check the availability of each component on an assembly and then reserve stock or substitute, backorder, purchase, or sub-assemble needed items.
- Put component parts back into inventory when you break down an item.
- Generate work orders for make-to-stock items.
- Make sure the costs of your assemblies reflect the actual cost of the components, including variable and fixed costs.
- Post work orders as they are finished or even partially post made-to-date quantities.
- Pre-define all your standard bills of material for faster and more accurate processing.